Saturday, December 19, 2015

Currently Playing ~ 12-19-15

     One reason my gaming backlog is massive and continues to grow is because I get sidetracked. Today, I opened up Steam, and soon after saw a recommendation for a remastered Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. Yes, optimized for PC, and all that. I’ve loved the N64 version, but it can be uncomfortable to play because of the controls and a field of view that’s even bad on a TV. This PC optimized version is extremely playable. And there’s an adjustable field of view! Yes, a PC port of an eighteen year old N64 game has more graphics options than PC ports of current releases.

     I also have determined to finally play Mass Effect 3. I recently copied over my old ME2 character files to my current gaming PC for this very reason. ME3 will be the sci-fi complement to the high fantasy of Witcher 3, which I also continue to play. In Witcher 3, I have also gotten used to
the combat and bumped up the difficulty to "Story and sword!", and then again to "Blood and
Broken Bones!" This to update my earlier post where I noted I had the difficulty on "Just the story".

     I will now go against the “playing” portion of this post by sharing that this past Tuesday night I saw the encore showing of Rifftrax’s live riffing of Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny. It was hilarious, top notch material from those guys, shorts included. Last night I saw Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It was okay to good. The original Star Wars trilogy has such a mythic quality to it that no new Star Wars will satisfy in quite the same way. So I don’t expect that. Even still, nothing great about the new Star Wars. But it is good. Certainly okay.

     I know I promised new entries in my top ten lists such that said entries are now overdue. My apologies. Maybe this next week?

I will also say Merry Christmas here, lest I not post again before that holiday. So Merry Christmas! And a happy new year… though I hope I post at least once more before it’s 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment