Sunday, December 27, 2015

Currently Playing, 12-27-15


            Recently I completed both American McGee’s Alice, one from my backlog, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, a 2015 release. I’ve posted “Thoughts On” features for both of them, which I will do for each game I complete or reach near the end of.

            Currently I’m playing The Witcher 3 still, with a plan to soon finish the main quest; also Alice: Madness Returns and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. The latter I just started today, and I’ve really enjoyed it. I also played through the main mission of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I plan on getting to MGSV: The Phantom Pain early next year.

            Later this week I want to purchase Super Mario Maker. It sounds great and I want to dig into it before 2015 slips away. I recently purchased Grim Fandango Remastered, which I plan to get into later this week as well. I gave up on Hotline Miami as it got ridiculous in difficulty (this is more against me than the game. I think it’s a great game, I just started getting burned). Otherwise I’ve got Mass Effect 3 on tap.

            My forecast for next year includes the following. I list them in terms of my interest and anticipation:

~2016 forecast:

-Zelda Wii U

-Dishonored 2

-Doom (4)

-Rise of the Tomb Raider

-Kingdom Come: Deliverance

-Mirror’s Edge 2

            I don’t list X-COM 2 as I haven’t played enough of the X-COM games, old or recent, to get psyched. But I will get to them!

            I think Dishonored 2 has the chance to be another great “closest thing you’ll get to a solid new Thief game and what BioShock should have been” experience, like its predecessor (which is my top game of 2012). But Zelda Wii U is my top anticipated for 2016. It has the potential to be phenomenal, especially given what a masterpiece Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was (that was my top game of 2013).

            2015 was a great year for games, and 2016 will be too. This is great as 2014 was mostly dry for me, but dang if I don’t have a lot of catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment